power constantly on for the radio!

SoCalPowerStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whell bought my truck as a theft recovery evidnt tampering of staring system and hot wiring to start the truck but now i got it staring up with the key and such but my probelm is when i shut the truck off the cd player has power to it no matter where the key is in the posistion or if its completely removed! the only wire i havent hooked back up is the blue and white striped one from the harness under the compartment cover. but could it be that wire of just the ignition system thats doing it? the doors and windows loose power 30 or so seconds after the key is removed but the player dosent and i hate not having it for the long drives and such any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
was the radio out at all?
factory or aftermarket radio?
it sounds like there is an ignition power feed to the radio that was mistakenly hooked to battery juice.

SoCalPowerStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the factory radio was out yes, has an aftermarket in there now and i know all the wires are hooked up correctly going to the harness. but i installed a toggle switch and hate it but if i turn it off the power goes off but if i turn it on with the key in the off posistion i get nothing no power but anything else im killing the batts

Reaction score
maybe the ingnition module under the dash is not completely sliding back up and is allowing power. White box under the steering column.

SoCalPowerStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no for some reason my door striker is jacked up when the pass door is opened it cuts it off like its supposed to and the driver side dosent do it. even used a 2 whole cans of wd-40 on it and the light on the cluster goes out but still dosent work have to stick my key in the side of teh door to get it to shut off

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58