Power Elbow

stachiestach

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well guys i am finally taking some baby steps on building my truck. Next Friday i have an appointment for my exhaust and they are doing a custom 4" turbo back, all welded with no muffler and 6" tip, can't wait! The question is; do you guys think it is worth it to get the Banks Power elbow? I talked to a couple of guys at diesel shops and they say they sell them, but they don't think its worth it. After the exhaust i am installing a tranny temp gauge, my edge juice and attitude, then i need to buy AFE stage 2, then lastly the edge evolution. I am just wondering if it is going to be worth the $350 for the elbow. Well any thoughts would help guys.
Thanks,
Steve

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On 99% of the trucks you wont notice it, I wouldnt :sweet ! I use my warmup valve for a brake, and thats what it replaces. I might do there quick turbo, but not the elbow ;) .

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
You will get almost as much increase in flow by just gutting the original one. This one is free.
Jim

Car_nut57

Reaction score
I have the Power Elbow on my truck in the form of the Banks brake. I could tell the difference in performance with the elbow installed. Is it worth it is a wide open question. If you are looking for the ultimate in exhaust flow and performance from the exhaust definately worth it. It is a bit of effort on the install side, but once in you will like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14