Power Inverter

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Looking at putting an 800-1000 watt power inverter in the truck. I am currently building a center console where my "20" seat was. I am thinking about mounting it under where the seat was. Do these inverters make enough heat to be worried about with the carpet and fire?

Also, who makes good inverters? Where is the best place to buy them?

Thanks for the help.

Scott

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
There are so many places that sell the inverters, just depends what you want to spend.. as long as you get one with a fan then you should be alright on keeping it cool, there made to mount to anything and in the process have to pass many tests to make sure it wont melt or catch things on fire.. When I built my console I just threw mine in the forward part of the console on the forward fixed part of the lid so its out of the way but yet still very easily accesable if I want to plug things in

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
I put a Coleman 800 watt under the middle seat in mine. Very easy install. Plugs stick out the back. Hook up the tv and PS2 for the kids on road trips, works like a charm.

Trapper

ender

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any trouble with overloading the car's electrical? I put in a car pc, which sort of caused all sorts of havoc with my electrical all of a sudden. Take it back out and it went back to normal.

The Car PC is a tiny little thing that fits where the radio goes and it doesn't draw much so I am wondering if I am putting too many little gadgets in the car.

Ender

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58