President to visit Redding tomorrow.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
President Bush is flying in tomorrow to view the devastation from all the fires up here. It is amazing on all the equipment he needs for a visit. Two huge C-17 cargo planes came in carrying helicopters and equipment. Air Force One is a 747.
The glide path for Rwy 34 is less than a mile from our house, so we will be able to see him arrive. Security will probably be very tight, so we don't think we would be able to see him at the airport. I think Arnie... the Terminator is going to be with him. Plans are for him to get on a helicopter and fly over the fires to see firsthand the devastation.
Redding has forests to the west, north and east, so fires are a routine happening here when lightening storms come into the area. At one time we had 156 fires in our county. Most of them have burned together making larger fires.
We still can not see the mountains because of all the smoke.
On the bright side, we are inside, a/c is set at 76, we just had a nice breakfast, and we are starting to plan out another day.
Retirement is good. ;tu

I wonder if he has a couple F-15's tagging along.
If I were President, I would have two F-15's one A-10 Warthog and one F-22 Raptor flying cover, in these troubled times.

Last edited:

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Local news said he was going to be somewhere near here today but said that only the CHP knew where. :dunno

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
ain't it like 100* there during the day this time of year?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Let the governator figure it out. Bush saw the Katrina damage and thats still a disaster. Save the money on the trip and equip some of the boys in Bush's sandbox a little better.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think touring the fires is a waste of time and money but that is exactly what politics are. As far as the Gulf Coast still being a disaster it has nothing to do with the administration or the amount of money they have sent. The problem on the coast is the attitudes of the people living there. Very few of the volunteers are from that area or surrounding areas. Most won't even get off their butts and help their own neighbors or even help work on their own house.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
After the Redding trip, Pres Bush is going to the Napa Valley for a Fund Raiser. That will screw up the Valley traffic for a while...

Dave

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
It is amazing on all the equipment he needs for a visit.
It is also amazing how much $$ all that equipment costs. The money could be better spent on the devastation rather than on a sight seeing trip for the president. If he wants to see it you could email him some pictures.

OK now that my blood pressure is up I must say that we need to keep politics out of this thread. I hang here at SDD since we are politic free. Politics raise my blood pressure in a hurry.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, Crumm. My bad. I'll take my real opinions next door where you can speak openly. Still a waste of resources IMHO.

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Sorry, Crumm. My bad. I'll take my real opinions next door where you can speak openly. Still a waste of resources IMHO.

A president is damned no matter what he does. If he doesn't go to the disaster zone he's criticized, then also criticised when he does.

I think if you take a moment to consider that even presidents have a heart (no matter which party they are from), and that they try to do the right thing by encouraging people through a difficult time...you'll find it's pretty tasteless to complain.

Choosing to occassionally give him the benefit of the doubt might help balance a little bitterness.

MAXTOR - Anytime the president comes to your home town, it's pretty cool in my opinion! I think that is what you were trying to convey! So sorry some took your thread to the negative....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58