Help Needed Prodigy Trouble

madkaw

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, I purchased Tekonsha's Prodigy electric brake controller. I'm on my 3rd camper with this truck (32' fifth wheel) and the trailer is finally big enough I know its there, but I've also begun noticing issues with my Prodigy.

The trailer brakes need adjusted, but I'm getting a flashing 0.G code on the display. The manual says that "trailer is connected, and Prodigy sees an interruption to the battery ground."
->:confused:The statement makes me think the code refers to problems on the tow vehicle and not the trailer. Especially since I get this code when no trailer in tow. To further confuse things, I used the oem wiring harness to connect the unit, so it was a simple "plug&play." (Hard to screw up)

I'm thinking about cutting the ground wire on this harness and grounding inside the cab instead of it connecting to the factory harness, but thought I'd check with some seasoned vets before further complicating things.

I hate electrical problems.

-Mechanical Engineer

madkaw

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update
I cut the ground wire in the harness and grounded to frame in dash. Code still appears, but not near as often.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg