New Owner! pULLED THE TRIGGER 2010 F 450

boltman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I did it, I pulled the trigger on a new 2010 F 450 power stroke... and it feels great the truck is awesome ... wonder though what Chip to install in it,,, I'm pulling a 20,000 pound boat... and I think it needs a little help;

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Be very careful with any chip or tuner. Using any of these will void your warranty with Ford. With the cost of engine repairs these days, can you afford to run without a warranty?

Dave

boltman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Don't have any yet in the camera to upload, working on that for tonight...Still need advice on what Chip to install in her...

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Spartan is the biggest name brand chip used on the 6.4.

Is it still under warranty? And for pulling, I'd leave it stock...especially that much weight. Do you have gauges yet?

On edit: Let someone else suggest if to pull with a chip. I don't know too much about how well a chip+pulling affects those model trucks.

Last edited:

PuckerFactor

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've had my 2010 F-450 HD for about a year and only have 8900 miles. Now ready to sell. Sold my trailer and don't need this much truck. It is awsome though.

Fine69

Reaction score
No chips for the 6.4. 6.4's use tuners, and the best right now is the Spartan. You won't need seperate gauges. The Spartan has built-in gauges in the Dashdaq display. It's been stated on several different forums that the Spartan setup is undetectable by Ford. You will have to delete your DPF to run the bigger tunes, but you'll also get ALOT better mileage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14