question about banks tuner

blk450er

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I always heard that the banks stuff us good for diesels. I'm new to diesels and was wondering if you can deleting the cat and for with a banks tuner?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of these tuner shops like DP tuner can tune to most anything you like. My 04 was tuned for no EGR, heavy tow, and better fuel milage. Your best thing is call and talk to them on what your looking for. What truck do you have?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Most people around here only think of Big Dollars when Banks is mentioned. Their products are not held in the highest regards.

Dave

Fine69

Reaction score
If you're going to buy a 6.4 get either an SCT with custom tunes from Innovative, or an H&S MiniMax with tunes from KEM Performance. Save yourself alot of headaches and money and skip the Banks garbage!

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My personal experience is that it created so many headaches for my 6.0 that it went down the road to someone else and I bought an SCT and love it. The on the fly programs were very nice however it was a glitchy tuner that would occasionally change some input from a sensor to the point where I had turbo flutter at cruising speeds. It cost me almost a grand for the pda and six gun I sold it for $350 and bought an SCT and can say the SCT programs are smoother all the way around. And no the Banks tuners will not allow for DPF delete, EGR delete or any other delete for that matter plus they do nothing for the trans.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58