Questions on stock stereo's

mikewild

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I just picked up a 2004 CC F350 and it has the single CD/Cassette/Radio in it, and it doesn't play MP3's and the speakers are kinda weak. I have access to an auto wrecker that specializes in newer F series pick ups like the king ranch & Harley Davidson editions that I can grab stuff from for free. My question is, do any of them come with a stock premium stereo set up that could be swapped into my truck that would be far superior to what I've already got? I know that theres the 5 or 6 CD stacker head unit, but I'm wondering about amps & speakers as well. :dunno

If you could grab anything from any series/model year truck, what it would it be and why?

Last edited:

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The newer stereos won't fit anyway and the speakers are the same crappy ones that ford and every other manufacturer has been using since the dawn of time. Paper cone with foam surround which is garbage. So crutchfield is a good place to start to give you an idea of what to expect but better deals can be found elsewhere online for the same product.

mikewild

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well thanks for the feedback guys, I was hoping to be able to pillage something useful from something, but oh well.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If you want really good sound, you will have to spend the $$$. Changing speakers is the one thing that will add the most to your audio system. ;tu Oh and :welcome3 Mike!

Dave :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64