Racor 900Fh Installed

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Got my Racor filter in yesterday. Installation was completed too. I still had to use one of my old hoses since I didn't have a tubing cutter to cut the end off the steel line on the frame so I can install the compression fitting to run my teflon SS braid hose.

This thing is huge! The 500FH would work for most people and wouldn't hang down as far as the 900FH I believe.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Wow, that thing is big! How far below the frame rails does it hang? I'd be afraid of taking a rock in that filter bowl on the roads I drive.

Crumm says you need to paint your frame also. :sweet

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
About six inches.:eek: Skid plate is in the making.:D I don't drive down too many bad road(2wd) but caliche yes. According to Racor it would withstand a rock from the tire hitting the bowl but I don't want to find out thats why I'm fabbing up some protection.

My frame rails have a coating of dirt on them that would take an eternity to get off. Pressure washer may do it.:dunno Even if I did paint them they'd be coated a couple months later. It's too d@$% dusty here! I think were on the verge of another Dust Boll days sometimes.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
About six inches.:eek: Skid plate is in the making.:D

Wise choice.:sweet

roosterdiesel said:
According to Racor it would withstand a rock from the tire hitting the bowl.

Yeah, I wouldnt want to test that theory either.:)

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
ummm
thanks antonio (aka Man with Large Filter):roflmao , for the prod, I missed this install some how :dunno

and WOW its pretty darn big, :eek: :eek: maybe its time for a new cat engine say in the range of 18 liters :D , have you given thought to moving it into the bed? i would hate to catch that sucker on a fence post or something :eek:
now i understand the pm
thanks

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
have you given thought to moving it into the bed? i would hate to catch that sucker on a fence post or something :eek:
now i understand the pm
thanks

I thought about that during install. I've got a piece of six inch pipe casing and 3" channel to go between framerails. It's right inline with 4wd crossmember bolts so bolt up is going to be easy. Hinged on passenger side for servicing, which is a pain. The whole thing has to come down to change the element. I figure I'll be able to jack the pickup up from the pipe casing.:D

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
I thought about that during install. I've got a piece of six inch pipe casing and 3" channel to go between framerails. It's right inline with 4wd crossmember bolts so bolt up is going to be easy. Hinged on passenger side for servicing, which is a pain. The whole thing has to come down to change the element. I figure I'll be able to jack the pickup up from the pipe casing.:D

yes sir that might be a sight, you go round ripping out fence posts or dead heads with your new fuel filter skid pipe :D
any idea and filter chage intervals yet?? did you look it over after teh vegas haul?
good thing is your refund from bob help alot to should offset the change overs to the new filter setup?

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
:rolleyes:
powerboatr said:
any idea and filter chage intervals yet?? did you look it over after teh vegas haul?
good thing is your refund from bob help alot to should offset the change overs to the new filter setup?

Intervals are going to depend on fuel quality. Some Dahl users have gotten 14K out of them. I hope for more since the element is quite a bit bigger. Restriciton gauge is a must w/o FP gauge. Racor shows the gauge replaces the T'handle on top, I don't have the room for it so I'm waiting on a reply from them to see if I can put it on the outlet like there other filters. I don't see why it wouldn't read the same from looking at the crosscut pics from the product bulletin in my other thread.

Everything looked good other than getting water instead of fuel in Nevada.-mad The only seals are on the lid and the T'handle. The filter element doesn't have seals like the Dahl does top and bottom. Heater is much better design and doesn't look like it will have problems. Thermostatically controlled too!:D

Refund? Still waiting.:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58