Radio noise after chip install

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
After I replaced a 50 hp. tow chip with one from Jody I have a buzzing static noise on 92.5. Most of the time you just get noise and no program. The other stations I listen to all work. It doesn't change with rpms. This has been going on for 2 months. Anybody know if the chip could cause this or do I have other problems. :dunno

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
f100cleveland said:
After I replaced a 50 hp. tow chip with one from Jody I have a buzzing static noise on 92.5. Most of the time you just get noise and no program. The other stations I listen to all work. It doesn't change with rpms. This has been going on for 2 months. Anybody know if the chip could cause this or do I have other problems. :dunno

maybe try a ground loop isolator from RadioShack :dunno :dunno ?

DezlWezl

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
RazzyB said:

My thoughts exactly. I installed it in line with a P.I.E. adapter for my Sirius unit and I get no external noise. I love it.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
RazzyB said:
Is a ground loop isolator anything like a choke?? I really don't know much about electronics but I can find the RadioShack store. Thanks

f100cleveland

Reaction score
DezlWezl said:
My thoughts exactly. I installed it in line with a P.I.E. adapter for my Sirius unit and I get no external noise. I love it.
I suppose P.I.E. is not the one you eat. Really could you tell me what one is? :thanks I wouldn't give up this chip because of noise on one station. :thumbs

DezlWezl

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
f100cleveland said:
I suppose P.I.E. is not the one you eat. Really could you tell me what one is? :thanks I wouldn't give up this chip because of noise on one station. :thumbs

P.I.E. is an adapter by Precision Interface Electronics. They are an adapter made specifically to plug into the back of our stereos where the 6-disc changer would plug in. It avoids using FM modulation for satellite radio, etc. Much better sound. Talked about quite a bit on TDS. I'll have to do some searching to post a link.

Here it is for the Ford adapter:FRDN-AUX

f100cleveland

Reaction score
DezlWezl said:
P.I.E. is an adapter by Precision Interface Electronics. They are an adapter made specifically to plug into the back of our stereos where the 6-disc changer would plug in. It avoids using FM modulation for satellite radio, etc. Much better sound. Talked about quite a bit on TDS. I'll have to do some searching to post a link.

Here it is for the Ford adapter:FRDN-AUX
I guess I missed anything about the P.I.E. on the TDS, but thanks for the link it looks like something a guy could use some day. Haven't made it to RadioShack yet, but will.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58