Help Needed radio/window failure?

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the very few problems I've had with my truck...It's happened only a few times in the 3.5 years I've owned it, and most times it is when it is cold.

I turn on the key and neither the radio or the power windows will work. The lights to the window and lock switches are also not glowing, but the power locks do work. It takes anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes and then they start working once again.

Anyone got an idea of where to start looking for a cause?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
First part that comes to mind is the GEM or General Electronics Module but the GEM may be limited to the 7.3 models. I'll have to gander at the service manual to see what it says.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Dan,since this would be the easiest thing to eliminate,go ahead and install a new 15 amp fuse for the radio and the 30 amp fuse for the Master Window Adjust Switch panel on the drivers door armrest.

Fuses are cheap and could be the trick,after that you have to pull the switch panel out and re-seat/lock-in the harness plug/s to be sure the circuits are getting good contact.

Also on your fuse panel is the relays,go ahead and remove and re-install the accessory delay relay as there could be a continuity issue there,it'll be "C2075" in the attached image.

Thanks for chime there Jourdan :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14