Help Needed ran out of fuel/won't start

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going down the road on my way to fill up and she died. I'm sure I ran out. Put a few gallons in and now it won't start. Any suggestions??

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going down the road on my way to fill up and she died. I'm sure I ran out. Put a few gallons in and now it won't start. Any suggestions??

Open the Water drain valve on the fuel filter. Cycle the key ON for 10/20 seconds, then off.. but don't turn it over. Do that 3/4 times. Close the drain valve... should start for ya. It'll stumble'n shudder but should clear up in a few...

Last edited:

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started right up and ran just as you described. After about 10 minutes it's running much better. I'm assuming I was just letting the air out of the lines when the valve was opened up. Thanks again Joe.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started right up and ran just as you described. After about 10 minutes it's running much better. I'm assuming I was just letting the air out of the lines when the valve was opened up. Thanks again Joe.

;tu

Exactly. Yer fuel pump was trying to draw fuel And pump against a basically, air bound system, due to the FP Regulator. (simply put) It proly would have started, eventually.. IF yer batteries held up. Relieving the back pressure by opening the drain valve allowed the pump to Prime it's self, the filter and system enough to Fire it up.

You may get a stumble or 7 (;)) during yer next few drives, while air is purged from the nooks'n cranies of the fuel system.

Glad you got'r go'n

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track