"Rapid-Heat" supplemental cab heater???

09SuperDuty

Rockin` a F550
Reaction score
WTH is that? is this just fancy lingo?

was going through fords website checking out specs and theres a bit it there that says "The new Rapid-Heat supplemental cab heater is available on diesel trucks equipped with the TorqShift® transmission. It quickly and automatically helps to raise the cabin temperature to a comfortable level.

Anybody know what this sytems entails? Or is it just a fancy term for a high idle? :horn

Fine69

Reaction score
Its an Electric Heating element in the ductwork used to help heat up your cab while your engine heats up. Basiclly these things have HUGE radiators and it takes them a long time to build up heat. My truck has it, and it works REALLY well!

09SuperDuty

Rockin` a F550
Reaction score
Its an Electric Heating element in the ductwork used to help heat up your cab while your engine heats up. Basiclly these things have HUGE radiators and it takes them a long time to build up heat. My truck has it, and it works REALLY well!

well thats good news, is it standard on all trucks in 09`? my 05` took forever too. :rolleyes:
and why is it just for the torqshift trans?

Last edited:

09SuperDuty

Rockin` a F550
Reaction score
hmm, have to check my spec sheet and see if this girl has that handy dealy. :)

09SuperDuty

Rockin` a F550
Reaction score
Well I`m pretty sure it doesn`t have it. :doh:

dang. takes forever to warm up.... :dunno

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So who is going to figure out how to retrofit fit this to older trucks? Sounds like something that would be really nice to have here in Alaska.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64