Rather than a DIY forum...

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mentioned doing a WIKI instead of a FAQ or ARTICLES type pages. Need some content tho first.

Max Power

Reaction score
Interesting idea. I don't know if you can teach this old dog new tricks. :D

I'll play around with it some and see what if I like it. I don't have much experience with it.

Can you give me examples of why we should go this way?

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, its an ever evolving document, with internal cross links to other subjects. If someone sees an error, or wants to add more data, they just add it, without having to bug a web guy to change the HTML.

It works under the assumption that enough ppl in the "know" will catch any errors. The concept is "This is how the internet SHOULD work".

rvassar

Refugee from California
Reaction score
Seeking Political Assylum in Central Texas!
Max Power said:
Cool. The down side would be that anyone could go in and screw it up too correct?

Yes and no. There are different ways of handling edit policy. You can go for the free-for-all, or by invitation only, and several stops in between.

You also want to implement revision control so you can backout changes if someone misbehaves.

Max Power

Reaction score
Well I set up a wiki. I have to admit I don't know the first thing about wikis. I'm going to have to ask some of you to help me out a bit.

The wiki is at http://www.superdutydiesel.com/wiki

Let me know if I need to do anything or if any of you need admin access or anything. I wish I knew more about it. I like the concept. :)

I am using phpwiki. I'm not sure if it is any good or if there is better or what. I liked some of the features of phpwiki and that is why I went this way. Another option is tikiwiki.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr