Question Rear Add-A-Leaf

TimberGhost

Buildin' It Up
Reaction score
Hey guys...quick question. After doing some extensive research I have decided to go with a 1" rear add-a-leaf to compensate for any sag I might get from heavy loads or towing after I install my 1.5" leveling kit. Yes...I know, many hate them and will suggest airbags or blocks...others love them and will say don't do airbags or blocks. To each his own! My question is...after browsing the online install instruction for a Tuff Country 1" rear add-a-leaf...they mention you may have to buy a pair of longer "U" bolts to compensate for the thicker spring pack when bolting things back up. My 2006 SD is a daily driver for me and can not afford to have it down for several days waiting on longer "U" bolts. So...has anyone done an add-a-leaf on a 2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty, specifically that would know for sure longer "U" bolts are needed. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't have your truck, but let me say "Check the current U-bolts and see if you have an extra 1 inch or more". If you do, you will be OK to go without the U-bolts. If not you will need the U-bolts.

Dave ;tu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58