rear rotors on a dually

shortbed

tightlipped member
Reaction score
i have an 01 dually and its time for my first rear rotor change.i've been told the job is a pita,and a friend even went so far as to tell me when the rears need changin,to sell the truck.can it really be that bad???:cat

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
wish i had some insight for you, but i havent done rear disc on a ford dually....

if they are outboard disc, it should be easy. if its inboard, you will need some seals and special sockets, perhaps also a BFH, SAWZALL, AND DUCT TAPE.

uloadit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just did the ones on my truck .not bad at all.just dont forget to refill the hubs back up with oil before you put the outer wheel bearing back on.and you need the socket to take off the so called nut another $30.00

Last edited:

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Been there done that.. Its only a PIA if you dont know how to turn a wrench..... a little patience and a beer or two... its really not that bad. Something you wont find in most manuals is to release the E-brake. you will need to use a screw driver (in Most Cases) to turn the adjusting wheel so that the shoes will contract and not hang on the inside of the drum.

Broncofever4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Not bad

They are not that bad. Compaired to the singles they are a bit more work but that is because the singles are knock offs.

Pull the tires, caliper, axle shaft, bearing nuts and the hub comes off. the rotors have 8 bolts holding it to the hub from the inside.

Zip Zip and your done.

Not bad just a few more bolts and some stink from the gear lube.

Jack it high on the side you are working on and you will not loose mcuh oil from the diff.;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track