Recently got p0401 and p123b codes

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
I recently started getting p0401 and p123b OBD code on my 03 F250 (6.0L)
I, in the past, changed out the EGR valve, EGR cooler, and HPOP. Truck was running great after those changes. Now I am starting to get CEL. I tried resetting the computer (I have my own OBD reader), but after a while It comes back on. I have been told that these codes are the hardest to pin down.

Anyone have ideas to where to start.

I was thinking about replacing the EGR valve again to start. I am hoping that it is not the turbo going south.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I can't make heads or tails out of p123b. It is not a code number. The P-0401 code is the EGR valve. Clean it and try again. Easy to do and cheap.

Dave

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
I can't make heads or tails out of p123b. It is not a code number. The P-0401 code is the EGR valve. Clean it and try again. Easy to do and cheap.

Dave

My OBD reader says P123b and talks says boost pressure out of spec. I am still going to look at the EGR valve again. It is only about 1 old though.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the code is P132b (not P123b). That is usually the EBP sensor, a dirty turbo, or a bad VGT (less common).

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
I believe the code is P132b (not P123b). That is usually the EBP sensor, a dirty turbo, or a bad VGT (less common).

I believe that you might be correct on the P132b. "Improper boost pressure"

I still have not checked my EGR (but will when time provides). I can hear the turbo winding when I get on the peddle but is does not sound as strong as it was in the past. I will try to get to checking on that this weekend.

Is there an additive to put in the fuel to help clean the intake. As stated in earlier posts, the EGR, EGR cooler, and HPOP are around a year old. I don't granny the engine and no long idles. the engine still has plenty of power.

Last edited:

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I listed in codes indicates that I think he REVERSED the "2" and the "3". The codes I listed are two different numbers (not identical).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58