Red 90 diesel?

jjuday30

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Will the 2022 6.7 run the red 90 agricultural diesel?

john mathis

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Absolutely! Red dye just indicates it's not taxed! In illinois it's a $1,000.00 ticket first offense. DOT was dipping tanks at the local sale barn and got a friend, use with caution.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Absolutely! Red dye just indicates it's not taxed! In illinois it's a $1,000.00 ticket first offense. DOT was dipping tanks at the local sale barn and got a friend, use with caution.

That’s much better than in Indiana. It is 10,000 tax evasion fine. I can buy a lot of on road diesel for 10 grand….. it’s not worth the risk… not to me at least…

YODA

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Also depending on you state if you truck is serviced and the dealer/service folks find traces they must report it.

This happened to me. I buy red for my hay tractor, but also used the same cans for travel. I thought it was empty, but there was a trace left that showed up on the fuel filter. Dealer was nice about it as I had a second full fuel can in the bed. It looked perfectly good for taxed fuel. They tested it and it showed positive for the dye. Lesson learned. I bought two new cans for my trips and marked the others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr