Question regulator

Cratos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody used the stock regulator and electric fuel? Filters will be down below. But I was wondering if the stock reg could be used instead of spending 200.00 for a regulator?

dpantazis

Reaction score
the PSD stock system is an electric fuel pump. the issue is the 'regulator' is on the return side of the fuel delivery piping. its not the greatest or most accurate regulator. its a compression spring and ball check valve kind of thing (think cheap ball point pen).

the $200 regulator allows you to do a few things the stock fuel system was not designed to do. the biggest thing is you can dial in the fuel deliver pressure. the $200 regulator is also more accurate, you won;t get the fluctuation of fuel pressures.

the other advantage up upgrading the regulator and piping is that you eliminate the dead ended fuel rails of the OEM system.

dp

Cratos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
obs is not dead headed
I have re reg shimmed to 65 psi

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the OBS fuel filter housing will not hold the pressure. stock OBS fuel pump is a double pump a low pressure high volume side that pulls the fuel from the tank and pushes it through the filter a high pressure lower volume that pulls from the fuel filter housing and into the cylinders.

I'm not sure how you're easily going to use the stock FPR without the fuel bowl.

If you give us a bit better idea of where your truck is and where you want to go then we can make some suggestions about how or if you should upgrade your fuel system.

Cratos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am plaining on new electric pump and filters below no stock bowl
I am just tring to save on the stock one will reg If it will work . I read a while back some one had done it. Just triying to see if it will work.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the only way to do it would be to machine a plug that would bolt to the regulator and stop fuel from going back where the FPR screen is. Never tried it, never seen it done, but I think it might work.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could make it work but it won't look pretty and will not function as well as the good aftermarket regulators.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58