Removing auto window tint?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Now the other half of the story. :sly A stone hit my driver's door glass while driving on the interstate two weeks ago and it shattered into one thousand pieces. Since I had the tinting it acted like a huge piece of adhesive tape and kept everything together. :hail The window was totally up at the moment of impact. Since it was hot my reflex was to hit the electric window switch on my door which I did. The window lowered one inch that's it before I heard crumbled mashing glass in the door mechanism. :eek: Then it dawned on me what a foolish move that was because at 70 mph the top of the glass was flexing in and out and ready to shatter so I pulled off the interstate and took these photos just prior to cracking it out outward then tearing down (wearing leather gloves of course) and off. So now both windows are now tintless but so darn clean I'm shocked and impressed.

Hope you enjoy these photos. :eek:
Dayum! First time a rock shattered the filmed glass on your truck?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Yup, first time in over a million miles of driving over the years...excluding windshields of course (but they're not tinted).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg