Replaced Injector cups 2005 6.0 start then no start

mulla711

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I replaced injector cups due to fact fuel in coolant. Drained Coolant and have fromoto valves for block. I was very careful, clean, clean and very clean. I wire brushed, vacuumed and break cleaned to make sure no debris or oil in cylinder after cup removal. I heard of the penny trick but a dime with grease worked better in bottom of cup to keep shavings out. I expected a bad cup, no cracked cups. I replaced all and seal them well. I installed injector's O-rings (lubed) and copper rings being real carful. I torqued every thing to spec i.e.: oil rail/fuel rail, injector hold downs etc. then let set for sealant to cure for couple of days. Refilled with distilled water and simple Green to flush coolant system. Cranked engine to fill oil rail/fuel rails few times. Truck started, ran few min thought great. shut down for bit because I was about 1/2 gallon low of distilled water. I retuned with distilled and water toped off. Restarted and ran a few moments then died now no start. Cranked and cranked with battery charger and all still no start. I'm perplexed. what's happening?

DogMan66

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Start with check your ficm relay, then have the ficm checked. You may have a messed up ficm with low voltage with the batteries being pulled down by cranking the motor. Next time you need to crank on the motor pull the ficm relay and crank it for a bit then reinstall the relay. then see if it starts low voltage kills the ficms really fast.

I say this because I had to replace my ficm for this problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track