Question Replacement Turbo

Doghead

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I performed the on truck compressor wheel swap and had some issues with the procedure. I put a screw driver in the turbine side to hold it while I attempted to loosen the compressor wheel and things just didn't feel right so after repositioning several times and not being 100% happy I got a mirror and looked at the turbine wheel. I bent a fan blade on the turbine. I finished the install and through it back on the truck. Now I want to replace the Turbo because I am affraid of the impending destruction of my current one. I have been looking at the PDR super GTP ($1485 from Piers in Canada http://http://www.pdrdiesel.com/catalog/Turbochargers-167-1.html) this is about all I have to spend. I would like to know if any one has any comments or suggestions on this turbo or another similarly priced Turbo? I do some towing but not alot and I have the gauges already. So I just need some help in deciding which way to go.

Thanks

treyloco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PDR is a good turbo from what i have heard but there still isn't alot of people running them for me to feel confident. Personally I would save a little more and get the Garrett BB turbo, it has been around awhile and has proven it's self over and over.

mrwrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xtremediesel.com has the wicked turbine $59.99
maybe they have the exhaust wheel that you probably need.
is the exhaust side wheel damaged?

mrwrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
other option:itpdiesel.com
complete rebuilt kit , shaft bearing and wheels by 295

Doghead

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah It the exhaust side thats damaged there doesn't seem to be any one in BC willing to sell just the exhaust side turbine wheel. They all want to rebuild the Turbo for $700 to $900. It is cheaper than the PDR Turbo but I have the opportunity to upgrade my Turbo.

PStroked444

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Check out Rons Turbo Shop. PH# 801-842-9186. Outstanding guy. The exhaust wheel is part of the shaft. If you want to rebuild it yourself it is easy. He can rebuild it for you. The exhaust wheel costs (memorie correct) 120.00. Give him a call. Good luck....;tu

Doghead

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I Ordered up the PDR should be here before next weekend. It made for an expensive compressor wheel swap but should be good fun.:burnit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64