Question replacing IPC Sensor

easyrider1234

6.0 stock setup
Reaction score
Can someone help me in replacing the ipc sensor in my 03 f350? Im fairly mechanically inclined but not afraid to ask for some shortcuts or tips from someone that has done it before. Any special tools I need? THX Lee

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
PM me with your email address and I will send you what is on the Service DVD from Ford. Do not post your email address here.

Dave

easyrider1234

6.0 stock setup
Reaction score
Dave,
Thanks for the info. Its always nice to have step by step instructions when doing something for the first time. One question though....When the instructions say to "raise the vehicle" how high does that mean? High enough to stand up and access the sensor from underneath reaching up and around the tranny? Or will some good jack stands do?? Thank you

Lee Sinclair

sbiggi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know this a old post. Figured I could help any one else needing to replace this on a 03.

The icp is located below the turbo on the back top of the motor.

Took me 15 minutes to replace.

From underneath, reach up above the bell housing and remove the 2 - 10mm bolts and 1 13mm holding a heat shield on.
Then reach up and pull the heat shielding loom back from the sensor, and unclip the wires.

I used a 1 1/16" 12 point box end wrench that I cut down to fit up between the motor and firewall.
I used a bar to get leverage to break the sensor loose by pushing the bar up on the end of the wrench.

Unscrew old sensor, screw in new one. Put everything back on in reverse order.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58