Replacing Stock Radio in my 2003 7.3L

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
I'm tired of my CD player getting jammed and would like to install a Sirius satelite ready radio. Just wanted to see if anyone has any ideas or comments. Since I have that huge double stack monster - is there anything that I can put in it's place that will keep the setup looking clean & not butchered?

Here's a link to a pic of my setup

vbpgimage.php

Last edited:

rodgertheshrubber

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
you can run sirius and leave the stock radio completely alone. thats the way mine is. i just ran the antenna, ran the power, and stuck the reciever on the window. thats all there is to it. you CAN get a setup that plays through an aftermarket radio and they sound better. if you get the stuff through Crutchfield.com, it will come with a new face plate that will fit the new smaller radio and i think it has a little cubbie hole below it to take up the extra space. i thought it looked good. hope that helps

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all the top brands make a radio that is a replacement for that.go by a best buy or a circuit city and see what they have.that will give you something to think about anyway.i have a alpine in mine with XM buildt into it.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
You can see an adapter my gallery. It adapts a "single din" radio to our trucks. Or are you wanting a radio that fits the hole?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Bryan says....theres adapter kits....doesnt look bad in mine....and youre
more than welcome to poke around (links below) for photos of my "head unit"
and amps.

theres lots of choices...and although not the cheapest, you can go
look at "what fits" based on your truck year etc @ CRUTCHFIELD

CHPMustang

Reaction score
WB I have a Pioneer head unit with a direct audio link to the Satellite Radio receiver,lemme update my photo album later today to show you the setup,it's very clean:sweet

The sound quality of aftermarket stereo over stock is incredible but I also upgraded the speakers at the same time the Pioneer went in :cool:

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
WB I have a Pioneer head unit with a direct audio link to the Satellite Radio receiver,lemme update my photo album later today to show you the setup,it's very clean:sweet

The sound quality of aftermarket stereo over stock is incredible but I also upgraded the speakers at the same time the Pioneer went in :cool:

Cool! thanks...:thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58