Help Needed Reverse acting up, 04 f350 4x4 6.0L

JetDiesel04

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
put truck in reverse, thought i heard something of a "thud" and now the truck does not want to move in reverse... well that was the initial case, was across town from home when this happened, had to drive home, regular forward gears seem to be fine, when i returned home and put it in reverse to see if anything had changed, it seemed to have gotten better, but not 100%. Now after putting it into reverse, it rolls for a half of a foot and then it feels like something binds but it will still roll, better than it did when i noticed the problem but still not like it usually does. also, now when i go from reverse to drive it is somewhat of a similar bind but then drive gears ride like normal, or so it seems.... any ideas?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you broke something. Don't use reverse if you can help it. You might blow the tranny. Get it checked out at a tranny shop.

Dave

JetDiesel04

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
im really thinking that its not the trans, tranny stilll feels solid in every gear including reverse. it feels more like a bearing in the rear end or something, when i put it in reverse if someone puts their hand on the rear tire your can feel a bind but you cant feel anything on the front end, and it sounds like its coming from the drivers side of the rear end. also i dont see how it could be the trans, due to the fact that when it happened it would barely move in reverse but after driving across town it got a little better... i dont see how the trans could got better you know?? although i dont know a lot about them..

Reverend Jim

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
try jacking up the rear, put the truck in neutral, and then try and rotate the tires in reverse. Granted there will not be a load on the bearings, but it should eliminate them if they turn freely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58