Roof mounted luggage rack

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Anybody know if the excursion roof rack will fit on a crew cab? or teh measurements of said roof rack so i can see if it will work on my crew cab?
OR would a yakima system work best

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Yakima would probably be better :)

But I dont' have first hand experience with them, just friends do :)

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i priced a yakima to suit my needs just over 800 buckaroos
is a little steep for a basic setup

i was hoping an excursion or expedtion roof rack would fit. I priced out an ex one it is just under 400

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An Expedition one might be better, or look into one of the basket style ones, the standard size might just be the ticket, and they run about 249-325 or so.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey bud,
run over here to Rendon, Tx and get a set of cross bars free !!!
I got three sets from my Ex's....
since they rub the paint off the top, I take them off 99% of the time :)

MykolG

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I use the Yakima rack on my OEM roof rack on my EX. The problem for you will be buying both racks. The Yakama set up cost me almost $300. Cross bars, towers, and locks. The Yakama towers attach to the OEM runners. [Those run fore and aft on the roof.] I have removed all the OEM cross bars as people have complained that they rub the paint off of the roof. No damage to mine so far. The Yakama set up is easy to put on and take off as needed. I use mine to hold a couple of kayaks and therefore have one telescoping tube. It slides out so that one person can put a long [15'] boat up there [7' off the ground]. Unless you are really good at doing the military press and balancing act, [my boats weigh 64 lbs. ea.] this is another necessary item. I forgot how much that part cost. The problem is that they make a noise like a high wind comming through. :thumbs

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14