Rotella T6

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone using this exclusively now? Didn't even notice it wasn't the usual T5 stuff till I got home. Any differences noticed at all?

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the t6 in my 97 and just put it into my new 06. I had no complaints in the 97, so far so good in the 06.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good! Thanks. Getting ready to change it tomorrow finally. Going to change the top-end oil too just to see. Can't hurt anything. I know there are some differing opinions on it.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I changed the top end oil out 4 times. It came out black every time. Dipstick oil was clear as could be throughout the whole process. I'm gonna run it a day and suck some more oil out and see what it looks like. Can't dispute the fact the engine is quieter. Might be just the fact it has fresh oil too!!

JRJ04

Reaction score
subscribed...all ive ever heard is that getting the oil out of there is a joke, but im sure beginning to wonder...

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll post up this afternoon and let you know what the dipstick oil looks like as well as the top end oil. It ran for over 40 minutes total while I was draining and filling so there was plenty of time to circulate. Oil on the dipstick stayed clean as could be. I used almost a gallon of new oil draining and refilling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58