ruin my day

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
wife had been driving ex as her daily driver few weekends back I get in and first time I hit the brakes I said holy cow how long this been going on? (heavy vib) so I figure time for brake job (warped rotor)102*** no big deal right so I went ahead and bought rotors and pads and made plans to do it some future weekend soon well drove it today surprise again wonders all over and wheel bearing howl.Asked honey when did the noise start? oh couple days after you drove it last ! WHAT!!! jacked it up and to my surprise bearing is toast on driver side so instead of going to work tonite I got to work at home, so far left side bearing hub assy. O'reillys 315.00 intermediate seal (dealer that parts counter stays open till 12:00 pm 25 miles away) 22.00 outer seal also dealer 40.00 plus right side just in case another 62.00 bearing feels ok for now, we'll see tomorrow [ability to do it yourself (PRICELESS)]!!!!

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
So have you have to do a fun front end (REHAB). You should have no problems unless the axle shaft is stuck in the hub bearing. Make sure you put anti sieze on the splines before you put it back together. Good Luck. By the way where are you located? Is there a napa around? Usually they can get me the seals that you had to go to the dealer for.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Gotta love those surprises that come along,at least you're able to diagnose and resolve the issue/s!:thumbs

Let us know how the work turns out jester-popcorn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58