Rust on 99 F250

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
When I bought my 99 F250 PSD I noticed the drivers side door was missing the lower piece of rubber weather stripping. And the door was rusting where the piece was. The outside of the door is missing some paint at the bottom but wasnt rusted through. I just noticed today the passenger side door is also rusting underneath the same piece of weather stripping. It almost looks like this is a bad design or somethin cause the weather stripping kind of blocks the drain holes to the doors. Do any of you have the same issue? I assume just gettin rid of these pieces of stripping will fix the prob. I was just gonna clean it up and put some rust stop on it then when I get my bed liner just paint the bottom of the doors to seal it up good. Sound like a good idea?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that since my stripping on the passenger side started coming off, the inside of the door (on the truck body itself) was getting REALLY dirty from it being more exposed. I think just regular cleaning, every time you wash your truck or clean the inside, of that area will help. Is it noticeable with the door closed?

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
You dont see it with the door closed. I dont think I can even put the weatherstripping back on since the holes for the plastic rivets are pretty much gone. That stupid strip covers up the big weep hole in the door. I took the pass side off and it was clogging up the weep hole. I noticed one of my ext cab doors was missing its piece too but its not rusting at all. I think Im just gonna keep them off. There is a piece of striping around the hole cab where all the doors seal so its not like dirt and stuff is gettin in the cab. Just a bad design by ford in my opinion. I think im just gonna undercoat or use spray bed liner on the bottom of the doors and bottom of the cab to seal it up good. And I will take all my door panels off and clean the bottom of the doors. I cleaned the insides of my ext cab doors since I put new speakers in them. Lots of dust and mud in the bottom of them. I will just do a really good job cleanin these areas when I clean the truck is all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg