RV frig. removal

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll start it off. How in the crap do you pull the frig.? I need to work on the wall next to the frig. I have a soft spot in the wall from a leak from a dealer installed awning. Anybody have a clue??:dunno

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the outside, take off the gas line and the black and white 12v power wires.
Unplug the 120v cord. Should be one or two screws on each side holding it in place,
after you take them out go inside and up where you see the setting lights, that front should pull off and there should be some wood screws there on each side.
There should also be a lower front that will pop off and then you should find more screws there. With all of these out it should come out. Just pull easy and try to find anything holding you up. Hope this helps.

Doug

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll do that if the wife stops making up thing for me to do...LOL :D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno I would address the dealer installed awning method, before I'd pull the Fridge.

But like Bama said: Pics would help, along with a bit of a narrative.. on just what they did and what the effect was ??

Joe :)

(FWIW ? I'm guna be in Laughlin, NV for 4 dayz.. winning BIG MONEY:sly)

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno I would address the dealer installed awning method, before I'd pull the Fridge.

But like Bama said: Pics would help, along with a bit of a narrative.. on just what they did and what the effect was ??

Joe :)

(FWIW ? I'm guna be in Laughlin, NV for 4 dayz.. winning BIG MONEY:sly)

The unit is 11 years old so there just going to charge me. I'll get pic's tomorrow. I need a ladder to get to it. The rebuild of the wall will be a snap. I did my buddy whole front end of his TT in a day.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Go to your local book store or online shop and get a copy of Bob Livingston's RV Repair and Maintenance Manual. I have a copy, and it gives descriptions of maintenance of every RV from the smallest trailer to the biggest motor home.
Trailer Life's RV Repair and Maintenance Manual by Bob Livingston He shows how to remove and replace the refrigerator and how to do the maintenance on it to keep it running right. The refrigerator on my fifth-wheel is original, when it quit I used the manual to determine that the power supply board was faulty. $80 for a new board sure did beat $2000 for a new Norcold refrigerator.

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet!!! Thanks Ray Thats what I was looking for. :clap:

I got a CD the other day from good sam's and it had a lot of RV info on repairs. If you get it watch it. It's free.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64