RV Satellite System, what do you use?

johnrrogers

Old Racer
Reaction score
We went camping this past long weekend and ran out of DVDs after the 2nd night and the wife got tired of watching "Gone in 60 Seconds" over and over. Now she wants a satellite system for times like this when we are in the mountains/desert and no off air is available. I've seen some 5th wheel rigs with Dish systems and wonder how you pay or do you use a home system and carry the extra reciever with you or ???? Thanks.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
johnrrogers said:
We went camping this past long weekend and ran out of DVDs after the 2nd night and the wife got tired of watching "Gone in 60 Seconds" over and over. Now she wants a satellite system for times like this when we are in the mountains/desert and no off air is available. I've seen some 5th wheel rigs with Dish systems and wonder how you pay or do you use a home system and carry the extra reciever with you or ???? Thanks.

"low rider, donnie, low rider.................let's do it"

my wife hates that movie too john.
:roflmao :roflmao

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
we use the DISH network
i have a reciever i carry from home base to the rv.( oh wait we are in the rv now :eek: :eek: :eek: )
PIECE of cake

coastdriver

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
WE also use the dish network. We have spare dish we keep in the 5th wheel. We just take one of the receivers from the house and hit the road. Am considering a change to Direct TV though, more sports coverage.:sweet

johnrrogers

Old Racer
Reaction score
Well we are switching to the Dish network Friday. I checked and their largest package is cheaper than Cox cable with less channels and as you noted I can take the reciever with us and I already have a line on a portable dish for the 5th wheel. The installation is free, there is a discount for the first year.

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
Why watch tv when camping? You can do that at home, you are supposed to make a fire and get hammered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58