Sag

brad m

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have a 2016 f250 with the diesel. My concern is I had my sons 65 cc and my 250 dirt bike in the box along with riding gear and gas. So at most 500lbs give or take. When I hit some bigger bumps on the road you can hear the suspense hitting the stops for that top spring on the lead pack. My concern is how bad I'm I going to sag when I tow my 9000lb toy hauler. Truck is all stock.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it the Rear overload hitting the stop, or it's Front half ?

Joe

brad m

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I can see on both ends of that overload spring has touched the stops which are bolted to the frame.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... My .02 would be: Hitting bumps and flexing the suspension is One thing.... Supporting a fixed, known load [properly] distributed to yer Front.. and Rear axels.. via a 5th wheel or WD hitch is Another.

Even then.. If you hit a "Bump" hard enough.. The Over-loads may bottom out.

I don't think yul have a problem with yer 250... unless the GCVW, of the truck & trailer (with all yer Toys) is over a F-250's limits.

Joe

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What you are seeing is the overload springs just starting to take up the load, and that i why you see them just touching the brackets (what you call stops). Your truck will have a lot more travel in the suspension before it bottoms out. You are good to go!

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58