Satelite Radio

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
i just put one into my g/f truck and the wirless hook-up sucked BAD. so i went to curcit city and got the direct connect for the antenna. pulled the radio out and stuck the antenna in that and then the direct connect onto the back of the radio and stuck that and the radio back in then pluged the satilite antenna into that and then the direct connect into the sirrus. sounds like a CD. only took a 1/2 hour and one beer.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Jamie,all you need is the Ford stereo DIN removal tool set.They run a few bucks at Wally world,Autozone,etc.
I have our Satellite radio wired into the stock stereo via the antenna input as well.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
jamie
we did the PIE adapter , chp pointed us in the right place and rray has some superb directions
this also allows me to plug the laptop in and hear the movie i am watching while someone else drives...

i cant find it now on search ?????

never mind.... found it
rray

Last edited:

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Hey Bill,

I got the removal tool set but it doesn't seem to want to work. Is there some sort of trick to using these things?
I'm pushing it all the way in, I can even feel the tabs inside but When I try to pull the radio out the tools just come right back out of the holes but the radio does not budge. Do I need to pull the dash cover off or somrthing?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Apply a little outward force on the tools and the radio will slide out smoother than ...

Oh yea, satellite is the correct spelling.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track