Scrap 4" pipe?

2001Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a scrap piece of 4" Exaust pipe for my CCV mod? I will pay for the shipping. I have been to 4 different muffler shops and they won't even sell me a piece. HELP!:thanks

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Go by an electrical supply house. They will carry 3 1/2" emt (electric metallic tubing) (its 4" OD) they will sell you the whole 10 foot though. You should be able to get rid of the rest of the same way you are trying to aquire it. Even turn a profit if you like.

Last edited:

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
SCRAP 4"

Let me check at work tomorrow for 3-1/2" EMT. I estimate for a contractor and we may have some down in one of the cargo containers or semi trailers. send me a PM with a number i can call you at.:sweet

Bowhunter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of shops here in town that do 4". Let me know if nothing happens for you and I will get some and send it to you for whatever the cost is. I am in Oregon.
They usually give short scraps away, how long of a piece do you need?

crzycowboy

Suporting Vendor - www.grpipes.com
Reaction score
2001Stroke said:
Does anyone have a scrap piece of 4" Exaust pipe for my CCV mod? I will pay for the shipping. I have been to 4 different muffler shops and they won't even sell me a piece. HELP!:thanks

Call Chrome Depot, and ask for Bill. He'll help ya, tell how long, and He'll hook ya up. Make sure you tell him Josh from Grand Rock sent ya! Here is his number: 1-800-496-6303

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to hijack this thread but what is the CCV mod? Can someone point me to a post or link.

Thanks
Scott

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
on the 7.3 its piece of cake
basically your removing the crankcase vent form dumping inot th eintake side of the turbo, thus preventing oily coating inside intercooler and oily residue leaks from intercooler boots which has and will continue to be a contributing factor to boots POPPING off at A MOST inconvienent time, (like beating the crap out of cheby or so i am told)
but you dont have to change out the pipe , it just looks cool. you can cap off the hose connect and be done very Cheaply.
then turn the vavle cover fitting around to point backwards and run a piece of hose down and out to mis with exhaust or as a road draft
as far as teh 6.0
I havent looked at it to much.... i sure its a similiar setup.
i just havent had the time, i am stuck in a check the oil just drive it rut and boy do we . hopefully if will stop raining here long enough for teh ground to dry out and not be 30 degrees and i can take a look

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64