SCT tuner killed my truck

SuperMac6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
im buying a friend of mines sct tuner and he unlocked the tuner and connected to my truck and we tried to load a tune it said complete. so now truck wont even try and crank so we tried to take it back to stock config still wont crank any help would be greatly appreciated thanks .:dunno

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
rut-roh, Shaggy..
that might need to go to Ford to reflash the PCM..

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's always best to save the factory tune to a computer did u do that ?

Friday I needed to call SCT for a download issue I was having trying to grab their new canned tunes
they were on the phone in 10 minutes took control of my laptop computer and re flashed my SCT!! they are great give them a call on monday
but I would try to disconnect the batts for a few and retry in the meantime

stang13

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I believe the sct tuner can't be used on multiple vehicles . If you friend already used it on his the tuner recognizes the truck PCM computer . I guess the tuners do this so a group of guys dont chip in together and share a tuner .

I have the SCT tune on my Roush mustang and that was what I was told by my tuner who wrote my program .

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He sTated it was unlocked from the previous vehicle so it should be good to go

you are correct you can't use it on more than 1 at a time and you have a set amount of vehicles it can be married to before you have to send it in and pay to renew it (lame IMHO)

SuperMac6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok had to take truck to ford they reflashed my pcm it was all blank im gonna get ahold of sct and see what they say about my friends tuner cause he dosent even have his truck anymore so he just gave it to me. but if i have to buy another one ill just do that thanks for all your guys input greatly appreciated

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did hid truck get repoed ? or did he actually return it to stock? and did it have flashes left?

either way SCT will renew it for less than the cost of new

04BLACKSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat, I had a friend trade in his 2006 and he said he returned it to stock so they wouldn't know he had a tuner on it. He is giving it to me and I want to make sure it is good before I hook it up. Is there a way to know if it is unlocked?

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup plug it into the your truck and it will tell,,,, you or grab a std printer cord and plug it into a computer it will tell you locked or unlocked and uses that are left on the device

Last edited:

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
If I got a used tuner from someone I would go to SCT's website and hook up the programer and download the newest versions and tunes before trying it on your truck. By all means save the stock tune on you computer. I lost my stock once and sct was very helpfull in retreaving it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58