Seat Swap Body to Integral Belts

cc35mki

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I found on craigslist front and rear cloth 40/20/40 seats this includes the rear seat and console for $150 Canadian. They have stains and mildew on the rear seat and a cigarette burn. They are not worn through and they are potentially much nicer than the woven vinyl bench and all vinyl rear seat on my 2006 250XL. AND this is great the whole thing is only $150 Canadian and it is 10 miles from my home. The problem the seat belts are integral and mine are body mounted. I can' pick up my truck until tomorrow so I can't remember how ugly it would be if the seat belts are removed. I imagine a plug could be devised. The body mounted belt never seems to be adjusted correctly. The driver's seat is electric which is nice except that I will have to add a harness which will be a pain. Sure will go with my manual everything else.

The color matches. I am tempted to get it anyway and sell it elsewhere.

So what issues would I encounter?

I posted pictures of the seats in My Gallery Titled "2006 XLT Craigslist Seats"

Last edited:

Deerjager

Meister Gewehr
Reaction score
My suggestions would be to buy them. You can put the seats in and remove your current seat belts. Look for the matching interior pillar trim panels for the integral seat belts in a wrecking yard. Usually you can pick up interior trim panels fairly cheap around here. Maybe the case in your area as well. I would think you could swap them out to cover your old mounts. If these seats are in a wrecking yard, see if you can get them to throw in the trim panels as part of the deal :sly.

I installed a power seat in my XLT and the process was a snap :D. There maybe some members can enlighten you on seatbelt wiring harness issues that you may encounter. The seat covers can be removed for cleaning, so maybe the issues you described can be taken care of with a little elbow grease.

Keep us posted on what you decide. Good luck.

cc35mki

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I didn't think it would be a terribly big issue I am trying to contact the owner right now. Thanks for the help.

cc35mki

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I picked up the seats. I will have to devise a plug for the top to cover the bolt holes from the seat belt at the top. The seats are really nice. They really don't show any wear at all, just a bit dirty. All for $150.00 the center seat is worth more. I was quoted around $800 for just front seats. Same year truck same color. I might even get the steering wheel and servo to add cruise. The seats were removed with bolts in a little package.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track