Seats

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to replace the drivers seat in my Ex, the heating element is bad, and it is cracking pretty bad, so my question is, can I purchase just a bottom cushion, or do I have to fix the entire seat? If so, how much coin am I looking at for the drivers seat? Has anyone done it? I know Bill was lookin at a seat swap, but I am really curious what a seat goes for.

Thanks in advance guys!

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
start w/ ebay, i've seen a pair of fairly new ones go for 200-250 range, there is a pair of gray leather ones on there now. just listed no reserve. it didn't say if they were heated or not.

Kelly Hancock

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I did just what you are asking. The heating element on the drivers side was not functioning when I brought it back from Arizona (they didnt need the heat down there) You can buy just the seat cushion. In mine (2000) you have to because the element is glued to the cushion. I changed it out myself in the garage one night. The hardest part is getting the hog rings off the bar insert in the cushion. I did it with needle nose pliers. I bought the cushion from a local dealer with help from a friend that did good on discounts. I paid $147. If I am not mistaken, the new model seats you can change just the element.

When I got mine apart there is a channel in the cushion where the element goes down into but because we put pressure on the front left corner of the seat, the element takes the abuse. Mine burned out right there. I first tried to splice it together, which did work but only for a short time. Still working.

I hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track