Service interval for rear pumpkin?

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the recommended service interval to change out the rearend fluid? I drive a 2K2 PSD with ~49,000 miles on the odometer and while 50K is a nice round number to change the fluid at, I don't want to throw money away on service that isn't needed. However, if that's a reasonable figure, I'll fill 'er with Amsoil synthetic and mebbe install a Mag-Hytec cover while I'm at it. I was perusing Bob Riley's site today and now my head is filled with ideas for stuff to do... :eek: :eek: :eek:

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
I changed mine at 25K. The oil was loaded with metal fleck. Ford says it doesn't need to be changed but I've asked my-self over and over again, what good does the metal that was due to break in do for the bearings or gears. For the little it cost you to change it, go for it. Clean out the gunk that will be on the bottom of the pumpkin. Make sure you use 75 w 140 synthetic.
Jim

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
According to a maintenance schedule I found the rear diff fluid should be changed every 15,000 miles. That seems a bit excessive to me but........

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool--I'll get the stuff ordered tomorrow. :D :D

BTW--is Bob Riley an advertiser over here (or on OB.net) yet? I've ordered some stuff from him in the past and he's always been a straight-up guy to deal with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58