Help Needed Serviced My Truck and Now it is Running Rough!!!

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think its in your head, just worked on it now you notice something isnt right but probably been doin it all along. but sounds to me like it would be a engine thing not what you did fresh oil never hurts anything but a little more details on what its doing and when its doin it. right before a shift or during a little accel, or at a certain speed would be help full.

Tested a couple of things yesterday. I was taking my boy to get some pizza yesterday evening. It was cold out, but I revved it up just sitting in park in the driveway. I could feel the stutter and vibration during the first part of the rev. During driving, the truck will just stutter/vibrate some when I'm lightly accelerating after leveling out at what seems to be various speeds. It is running like s***. It has no power. It feels like it wants to go, but feels like it is partially cutting out. I know for a fact it wasn't running like this before. The fact that I'm feeling this in park should rule out the tranny, correct?

I'm just hoping it is crappy gas since I did fill up the tank around the same time I did the routing maintenance. I'm going to try and replace the fuel filter and add fresh gas and maybe an additive today to see what happens. Any other thoughts and ideas appreciated.

Last edited:

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
whens the last time you changed the plugs in it or had the coil packs checked had alot of the v8 do this one day they run good and then the next they run like crap usually do a tune up on them change the fuel filter and the spark plugs and they run like a top after but i have a scanner and a few other tools that help me check those things too so makes it nice.

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whens the last time you changed the plugs in it or had the coil packs checked had alot of the v8 do this one day they run good and then the next they run like crap usually do a tune up on them change the fuel filter and the spark plugs and they run like a top after but i have a scanner and a few other tools that help me check those things too so makes it nice.

It has been a while since it has had a tune up. Since it has been running fine, I was holding off on the plugs until after winter, and waiting to see if I was going to trade it in on a used diesel. I just got a wild hair up my a** to go and do all of the fluids.

I installed the new fuel filter and a little bit of premium gas (not all of the old gas is gone yet). Anyway, no real change. I went ahead and scheduled an appointment for a shop to look at it on Monday. Anymore ideas on it until then?

Fordfury, how much is that scanner tool that you have and what types of information will it give you? Is it easy to use/comprehend? Will it work on both diesel and regular engines? You are the second person to mention to me about hooking it up to a scanner. If it is relatively affordable for the "at home mechanic", it sounds like a good investment.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How 'bout putting a good dose of injector/gas treatment in it ...take it out to safe road..... and just.. NAIL IT, PEEL the EARS BACK on it.. a couple'a 3 or 5 times ???

Duz wunders for the wife's Gasser... when I do it.. Now'n then. :D:sly

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didint wash the engine did you?

I did wash it about a week or two ago, but I've driven many times since that time with no problems. I was worried whether it would cause problems, but I don't understand how it could affect it two weeks later, but anything is possible.

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
that scan tool is from snap on and it cost around 5 grand but you can hook it up to anything pretty much and it tells me what the engine and tranny are doing basically. another thing is we have one when it rains the electrical gets wet and it runs like it is missing.

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad Gas

It appears that the issue was just water in the gas. I took some of your suggestions to add a fuel additive to the tank. A co-worker suggested I put a fuel additive called HEET in the gas tank. I did that, and it started running better immediately. I've since ran that gas tank empty, and put in some fresh premium gas. So far it seems to be running a lot better. Just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions and feedback.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14