SES light GONE!!!

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Alright as some of you may know I posted awhile back that my emissions light had come on, after closer examination and some suggestions from some of you I realized that it was actually the ses light....the local automotive shop plugged in their code reader and said that it was an Injector Pressure Control sensor or (ICP) sensor. No big deal right? Wrong! Because my truck was made before 9/28/03 the sensor is placed behind the turbo on the very back of the motor, approximately 3 inches form the firewall. After removing everything attacked to the turbo and the turbo itself and also a pice of aluminum or something of that nature off the back of the motor from underneath the truck, we could finally see the little sensor that needed to be replaced. Now the problem becomes getting the thing out...since their is absolutely no way to use a wrench, we finally got a socket around it and used a combination of extentions and an elbow to get it out! We put the new $140 ICP sensor in and the truck back together and 3 1/2 hours later the light is gone and I saved 100 plus bucks for ford to fix it (it probably would have been worth the money).

p.s. if your truck was made after 9/28/03 the ICP sensor is in the valve cover close to your alternator!

sorry for the long post i just felt like sharing with you:thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14