Question She just dies??

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. It only has 110k miles. The Mech says he frequently sees worn out turbos with less miles and sees others that are fine with much more, so I guess mine is average. I have an update...

I visited the shop to see what the mech was talking about exactly and found that I mis-spoke on where he sees the oil coming from... The rubber boot between the turbo output & the I/C on the lower left side of the I/C is saturated with oil & seeping from the inside out. Seeing this leads him to believe the turbo has an internal leak. He said a little oil is OK, but the fact that the boot is saturated indicates that the I/C is somewhat loaded with oil. I guess we won't know for 100% sure until he pulls the plumbing off the turbo to take a closer look.

It seems there is no way to get rid of or drain the oil build up outside of what can be drained by removing the boot which will leave a residue. The only other option is to pull the I/C & flush it with solvent and be sure it's bone dry & clean before putting it back on. Should I worry about flushing it out or will it be OK to just drain what we can by diconnecting the lower plumbing?

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I guess my question comes down to... How much oil in the I/C is too much and if there is too much, what's the best way to clean it out?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14