shipping wars

nbookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watching an old episode of shipping wars there was a couple hauling two boats with a 2008 -2010 f350 and they claim 35,000 pounds at a weight station. How is this legal? Seems way over GCVW.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that a few weeks ago and the trailer had a broke wheel and the DOT fined
him a lot of cash. Was it almost a $1000.00. Wow. Sounds over loaded to me.
Doug

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Many (most?) states do not enforce GCWR. They will look at tire/ axle weight ratings. Even more important is your LICENSED weight. Pay more, haul more.:D

nbookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wheel cost him $2000 but nothing for the load. figured it was a tag or license that allowed him to pull with the F350.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plus the damage to his truck body...lol

I have pulled loads over my GCWR and alxe weight. But I made more on the load and the fine was nothing to what I made doller wise.

nbookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think most have. watching all the campers go by i'm sure most are over. heck the 450 we just got for the boat is not rated for my load on GCVW but axle is plenty good and the breaks on trailer can stop the whole load and the truck brakes could do it if needed but i wouldnt want to only use the truck very often.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trailer brake should be set to work with the truck brakes. You want the trailer to start braking just before the truck. If not then you start putting your self in a setup of the trailer pushing you. Thats not a good thing.
Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64