Shopping for new vehicle security system for the X

CHPMustang

Reaction score
As the title says I'm looking at a new vehicle security system with remote start for the family X due to a recent incident.

I was browsing the net and found Viper products which seem to have some cool features that would be useful for Diesels but would like ya'lls feedback/experience.

:thanks CHP

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Bill
I am on my second DEI product first was a clifford the second was a viper
both are identical with features
the 02 had the clifford and the boss has teh viper
the remote start is wonderful it can be user adjusted for time to allow glow plugs to heat up
will start and run for 30 minutes
also you can have it do a turbo cool down 3-5 minutes based on time alone not temps

you can set it to run and take out keys if you need to run in the store

sensitivity i geuss is good i set it off alot washing the truck if i bump the running boards, but i can climb in teh bed and its doesnt trip till i bump the rear window

inexspensive, but you need to watch where they install teh brains, ours is hidden to increase the time it takes to find it to unplug or by pass it.
djracer suggested a no start relay as an option which is going in this week

a neat thing is is if you trip it it wont let the truck start till you have the KEY and the fob to reset the puter.

hope it helps

dpantazis

Reaction score
Astrostart

CHP-

Truck had a Audoivox unit on it from PO. I talked to MAxPower who installs these up north. His suggestion over getting it repaired was to go with an Astrostart.

I went with an Astostart unit, 4204. Think works like a champ. 2000' (half mile) 2-way range. not so long range in the city though.

http://www.astrostart.com/

I know a guy with a Bully brand unit that was under $100 on ebay on his 2000 X. he's happy with it. I am not keen on chinese knock offs.

Dennis

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Where is that Max Power guy when you need him, I think this is his thing :hail

Did you have a break in?:cop

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Crumm said:
Where is that Max Power guy when you need him, I think this is his thing :hail

Did you have a break in?:cop
Yeah the driver door key cylinder was he-manned via screwdriver to gain entry and remove the stereo. The laptop,radio communications equipment,Satellite radio receiver was untouched :dunno

It's now in the hands of the detective division at PD ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64