Should i buy it!??

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your dealer is giving you a big load of ... All service work goes through the Ford computer system. This is what the writer types when you go in for service. This is FORD's system.

Dave

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Is the carfax the same was oasis report?? I'd buy a 6.0 if it was the later models. But I would be really doin my homework before I bought it.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carfax is nothing like the oasis report. Carfax is only as good as the information that is reported to it. An insurance company's files and vehicle manufacturer's dealers will report information to carfax but, independent repair shops do not necessarily report to a system that is picked up by carfax. If you pay for it yourself at an independent repair shop, chances are it will not show up on a carfax. Oasis reports all work done at a Ford,Lincoln, Mercury dealers.

Some folks need to invest in a report on typing. Either I'm getting slow or I'm not picking up on this texting lingo some of you are using!!!!!! You're post are hard to read much less understand.

khop2131

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
alright i will get the vin today and get a report. I had a 05 6.0 and didn have one issue with it. and my buddies have had the earlier 6.0s and hadnt had no issues either. Probably the main thing to get fixed is that egr cooler right?? Thanks for the replies guys!!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright i will get the vin today and get a report. I had a 05 6.0 and didn have one issue with it. and my buddies have had the earlier 6.0s and hadnt had no issues either. Probably the main thing to get fixed is that egr cooler right?? Thanks for the replies guys!!

;tu

That report should help you.. in making your decision.

Yer Right, there are 1000's of 6.0's out there, giving good service. Sadly, the ones with issues are the only ones we hear about.. Lifting the Heads (Head studs) and the EGR valve seem to be the major Gremlins we here about here on SDD.

A GOOD Maintenance Schedule, and sticking to it is the Key. In that schedule.. inspecting and cleaning the EGR, more frequently.. and Driving it like you Stole It.. now & then, along with.. No Prolonged Idling, seems to help too.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14