Should i buy the 1st year 6.4?

LS1POWERED

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I like the way the new interior looks, aside from the headlights i like the exterior. But i am worried about a new diesel. I miss my superduty but do not miss being broke down on the freeway pulling a 10k trailer with 4 people in the truck in 100+ degree weather. So my question, should i be one of the brave ones to get the first year and hope they worked the bugs out or should i keep my cummins for a couple of years and let them work the bugs out?

4drdually

Wrench Head
Reaction score
Reread your post and you'll probably find the answer! If this motor was sitting on the shelf ready to roll, then I'd say go for it. But they still don't have the bugs worked out, so unless you want to do their work, don't buy one. As for the Dodge though...........;)

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, LS1!
It's personal choice, but I won't purchase any vehicle that's a brand new model. It usually takes the automakers a year to get everything ironed out. But, after that...it should be one sweet ride!:sweet

mikew5j

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Opinion of a former 2003 owner:

I wouldn’t go for a first year 6.4L. Try and get a 2007 6.0L instead. In the long run you will probably be happier. I love my 2006 6.0L.

Fordforever

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok I am going to go aginst the grain here an say go for it. Ford has run this engine through every kind off test imaginable an Im sure it will be tested through every condition imaginable That being sad I would not be afraid off the last off the 6,0s that are out now. They are the commonized engines similar to the 6.4. Ford will surly be having some great deals on the current truck as the new one makes it to showrooms. I can tell your unhappy with your Dodge(reading betwen the lines) so trade that Dodge off an get back in to a Ford immediatly. You wont regret it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64