Six Gun questions

the_hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys n gals,

This is my first post, so I hope its not to redundant. But I want to install a Banks Six Gun to my 06 PSD. Can the service department tell its been there even if i take it out prior to service? Anyone had tranny troubles with increased HP?

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
They can tell by the computer, it'll tell them that it's been tuned at some point.

Besides isn't it a hassle to put it in and take it out all the time?

www.truckpulls.com

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
A six gun would be on my candidate list for easy to remove power adding devices. I would go with a tuner that plugs into the OBDII port, not something that needs wires ran thru the firewall to the ICP and MAP. There are about 500,000 tuners to choose from, but for your 6.0 I would suggest the SCT X-Calibrator2. If you have gauges I would say one of our custom Xcal2 units with a street performance, tow specific, and extreme street file. The nice part of the plug in tuner is that you can return to stock, un-hook the battery cables for a half hour and then go roll into your dealer and thay can not tell a thing. Without gauges I dont think a custom high end tune should even be considered.......the ability to over temp the EGT's is way to huge...stay moderate if you drive blind. If you go that way, they cant tell its been tuned. If you untune it and take it in without the battery disconnect I hear that there is a P1000 code or something that says that some sort of PCM tampering has occured, but it does not tell them exactly what had happened.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14