Help Needed Slight vibration between 25 to 30 mph

Hawkeye Deadshot

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 F350 7.3 powerstroke with only 95,000 miles on it, new carriage mount, universals have no movement, no movement on the front end components when having someone turn the steering, no movement on the tire when jacked up, new tires helped but still have a little. checked a lot out and dont know what it could be and what to check out next.

Suggestions?

Also, where can I get a bed without breaking the bank?

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it get better or worse when you apply the brakes?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might have to lift the front end and go over each component. Turning the wheels at a stand still won't always show an issue.

Heck, one time I was helping do CV joints on a Dodge 4x4. We lifted the front end and everything seemed good. The wheels didn't have any extra play. But man, when we got the spindles off it was pretty obvious the ball joints were shot.

Hawkeye Deadshot

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You might have to lift the front end and go over each component. Turning the wheels at a stand still won't always show an issue.

Heck, one time I was helping do CV joints on a Dodge 4x4. We lifted the front end and everything seemed good. The wheels didn't have any extra play. But man, when we got the spindles off it was pretty obvious the ball joints were shot.

Checked it out while the tires was being out on and everything seemed tight, even the mechanic said everything seemed fine and tight.

john mathis

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
U- joints can get dry and cause this type of vibration. They might seem tight, but lack of lube causing them to bind slightly at low speeds. If they've been replaced, check for a grease fitting and give them a shot of grease. Factory joints= no grease fitting.

Hawkeye Deadshot

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
U- joints can get dry and cause this type of vibration. They might seem tight, but lack of lube causing them to bind slightly at low speeds. If they've been replaced, check for a grease fitting and give them a shot of grease. Factory joints= no grease fitting.

I think your right it had been seeing a long time so that makes perfect sense, not all of them can be greased but have greased what I could not all of them have fittings

jobaa

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You might try changing the position of the rear yoke. Take it out and turn it 180 degrees. Sometimes that helps. As far as the bed goes try a truck body company. Sometimes they have takeoff beds but if yours is a shortie it's not likely. Otherwise the junkyards will have them. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64