Question Smoke when I first start up?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would go with the EGR Delete if you can. If not go with the Bulletproof EGR. What year of truck are you talking about?? Go to My Profile at the top right hand corner and fill out your signature so we don't have to keep asking.

Dave :)

RJDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is this Dave? Hopefully I am showing signature? I was looking at replacing EGR cooler and Oil cooler with the MKM customs Kit? It is approx. $200.00 cheaper than Bulletproof what's your thoughts?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
;tu There you go. I have no experience with any of the EGR coolers or replacements. Sorry. Let us know how this goes for you.

Dave :)

willie "D"

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Bought truck with 125,000 miles, @ 128,000 pea sized piece of carbon locked EGR valve wide open 750 miles from home, (bought truck as is no warranty after dealer put 5000 plus into truck.) Oregon dealer replaced EGR for 300 bucks and told me one of my coolers were failing. Personally suggested Bullet proof, most threads I had read also suggested them because they actually deal with the oil cooler design problem. I put the Full Bullet proof system in my truck it costs more but it was thorough and tech support was outstanding. stock EGR cooler was clear but oil cooler was clogged full of a white sludge when I cut it open. Get rid of the ford gold, I'm running Cat EC-1 now after flushing prior to install of kit. I believe if you do anything with the EGR cooler and not change out the oil cooler, your not fixing the problem. Do more research!!!!

Last edited:

willie "D"

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I also had to change out the Ipr 3 days after I installed BP's kit. Cause it failed wide open. Which prevents HPOP from building the required 500psi oil for the truck to start. Truck failed to restart while hot 5min after being shutdown. 300psi wasn't good enough.:lmao

Last edited:

glassauto

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just had same problem I had an EGR leak so i deleted it and had one injector changed. Is it running rough?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58