Smoke

jck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2004 6.0L Diesel 6 speed crew long bed 29k

New to forum, long time ford owner, but that might change!

Truck has started to act like it is going to stall of the line or when you shift, I have to
feather the clutch & gas to keep it from stopping, smoke white & lots of it as it tries to
pick back up, once back up black smoke not so much. Truck does this at her will. Why?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Are you getting a Check Engine light? If you are, you should take it in and have someone read the codes. This may tell you if you have a bad head gasket, like 95_stroker suggested, or a bad EBP sensor. (Stands for Exhaust Back Pressure sensor.) The EBP will cause smoke and rough running many times.

Dave

jck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Don’t like the sound of that! New truck still under warranty, I just hate to take it in. Had 03 (Lemon) took her in troubles till the trade in on 04. What has happened to ford.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JCK, Welcome to the PowerStrokeShop. Com page. Hope you like it here. Sure hope there is not much wrong with your truck. Two of the best replied to your question. :sweet :sweet
What town in KY are you from. I hang out in Taylor Counties from time to time.

jck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all, I will try to be a bit more specific with symptoms, I would think if it was a head gasket it would smoke all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58