Smoke

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it bad not to have any? I get my normal startup cloud but nothing that I can see in my mirror when I get on the pipe. Not that I want to smoke anyone out but...

jlayne

Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
just means your truck is running very efficient and burning all of the fuel going into it, not a problem at all... when you alter it with a chip/bigger injectors and it can't burn it all then you end up with the cloud from the pipe

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doyou still have a functioning kitty? If you do there will be a little less smoke. Mine will only smoke a little when shifting (I'm basically stock except for intake and DP/kitty). Cheers!

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
remove cat, replace muffler with more effiecent type (or also remove), and get a hot chip then it will smoke.

Luke

Reaction score
Rookie said:
Is it bad not to have any? I get my normal startup cloud but nothing that I can see in my mirror when I get on the pipe. Not that I want to smoke anyone out but...

At first I wanted smoke and lots of it but let me be the first to say....it gets old real fast. I wish mine didn't smoke, don't get me wrong, I LOVE the power, but I need some more air to keep the smoke down and I'm only running babies. I can't even roll into the throttle from 55mph to speed up to 65mph when the limit changes with out blowing a cloud if I'm not careful on any of the performance programs. It really sucks trying not to call attention to myself in town, could switch to the stock program but it's such a dog after running the hot ones....why bother......I need more air!!

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
I'm with Rick, the power is fun to say the least :sweet but the heavy smoke gets old fast!

I'm slowly working towards minimizing the cloud left behind at take offs as I can pretty much fog out a intersection in town.

A couple things cooking now to help the smoke issue is the 4:56 cogs to help keep the revs up a bit so its not lugging so badly, a 99 up intercooler to help get the cylinders a lil shot of denser/cooler air & knock off a bit of EGT's on the top end as a plus & also Swamps has a new hpop their working on that puts out a bit more than the super duty pumps that I'm hoping will help keep the pressure & flow up a bit for better atomization & maybe a better burn. (I dont have the pump yet)

These are just a few quick fixes that I'm hoping will help take the edge off the heavy smoke until I can get a turbo than can push some air (BIG $$!) but if I have any spare time lately I just want to sit in the cool computer room & BS on the web :D

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Mine smokes a little when I shift and when I really stand on it. I don't like smoke because to me it looks like the smoking truck needs some work. There is a Dodge here in town that has some serious power but it smokes like a freight train. I am sure that 90% of the people that see it think "what a clunker" as to where only 10% realize that he is putting out some serious power. Multi position chips are great for having the best of both worlds. A guy needs a no-smoke setting for daily driving and a higher setting for when he wants to get on down the road. In my opinion no smoke=an efficient running motor..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58